Jill has experience in all aspects of family law, including divorce, child custody, equitable distribution, support, domestic violence, pre-marital agreements, and adoption. She is committed to fully understanding the client’s situation, offering them empathy, yet explaining how the law works so that they have a realistic view of their options. Jill handles their cases with an eye towards obtaining the best resolution to enable them to move forward with their lives.
Jill graduated from Rutgers University – Camden with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, and has always had an interest in law. During her undergraduate tenure, she was active in the Pre-Law Society. Upon graduation from Rutgers, she became a legal assistant in family law. Jill continued her pursuit of a legal career and received her Juris Doctor from Rutgers University School of Law – Camden. While in law school, Jill earned her Certification in Mediation and her Certificate of Professional Development. Jill also participated in the Wills for Heroes program and in the Domestic Violence Clinic.
Upon graduating law school, Jill clerked for the family law firm of Weinberg, Kaplan & Smith. She then went on to serve as a judicial law clerk to Kenneth S. Domzalski, J.S.C. in the Family Part of the Superior Court of New Jersey. Upon completion of her clerkship, she then became an associate with the Weinberg, Kaplan & Smith firm.
Jill is a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist for Burlington County. She is also an active member in the Young Professional Network of the Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Dissolution of Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Pre-marital Agreements
- Wills and Estate Planning
Certified Legal Specialties
- Mediation in accordance with New Jersey Court Rule 1:40, 2012
- New Jersey, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2015
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2013
- Rutgers University, Camden, New Jersey
- B.A. - 2008
Honors and Awards
- “Top Attorney” in the area of adoption by SJ Magazine
- “Awesome Attorney” in Family Law by South Jersey Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Burlington County Bar Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2018 to Present
- Thomas S. Forkin Family American Inn of Court, Associate Member, 2015 to Present
- Thomas S. Forkin Family American Inn of Court, Nominating Committee, 2018 to 2020
- Thomas S. Forkin Family American Inn of Court, Program of the Year, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017
Past Employment Positions
- Burlington County Superior Court, Judicial Law Clerk, 2013 to 2014
- Charny, Charny & Karpousis, P.A., Legal Assistant, 2008 to 2012