Dawn Kaplan is a co-founding partner of Weinberg, Kaplan & Smith, P.A. Before starting her own firm, Dawn was an attorney with an area family law firm for nine years where she served as partner for two years.
Throughout her career, Dawn has represented a wide variety of clients, including homemakers, business owners, high net worth individuals, and professionals. She understands divorce on a personal level and thrives on giving her clients resolution and the tools they need to achieve success in the next chapter of their lives. Dawn is known for her passion and commitment in handling complex litigation, specifically in family law matters on behalf of her clients. Dawn has received substantial trial experience in family law matters, including: divorce, dissolution of civil unions and domestic partnerships, child custody, child support, equitable distribution, pre-marital agreements, and domestic violence.
Dawn is a member of South Jersey Women in Business. She has participated in SJ Magazine’s Women’s Roundtable. Dawn is also an active member of the Burlington County Bar Association, the Camden County Bar Association, and the Family Law Section of the State Bar Association. She has lectured at seminars for Continuing Legal Education on behalf of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the Camden County Bar Association before her peers. Dawn has served on the Arbitration Statute and Children’s Rights Committees of the New Jersey State Bar Association. She is also a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist for Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester counties.
Dawn received her B.S. from Trenton State College and her J.D. from Widener University School of Law. She resides in Marlton with her husband, two children, and two step-daughters.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Dissolution of Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Pre-marital Agreements
- Domestic Violence
- DCP&P (f/k/a DYFS)
- New Jersey, 2000
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. - 1998
- Trenton State College, Trenton, New Jersey
- B.S. - 1995
- Honors: Dean's List 1994
- Major: Criminal Justice
Honors and Awards
- "Top Attorney" in the area of divorce by SJ Magazine, 2010 - 2018
- "Awesome Attorney" by South Jersey Magazine, 2012, 2013, 2016
- Dawn was highlighted in the South Jersey Biz feature 20 under 40: A Passion for Success
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, Arbitration Statute Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, Children’s Rights Committee
- Camden County Bar Association, Member
- Burlington County Bar Association, Member
- South Jersey Women in Business, Member
- Woman Owned Law, Founding Member
- Burlington County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2018 to Present