- Senior Associate
Luke D. Griffith is a senior associate with the firm that has dedicated his unique career to advising, assisting and advocating on behalf of both individuals and institutions needing guidance. Luke has been engaged in the practice of law here in New Jersey for more than six years, and has focused his practice largely in the areas of family law, estates, small business counseling and real estate. He has gained valuable advocacy skills and experience handling many matters pertaining to child custody, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, step-parent adoption and many other family related matters, is an active member of the Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inn of Court. By way of background, Luke obtained his bachelor's degree in political science from Catawba College, obtained a master's degree in Public Administration from Rutgers University and thereafter completed his Juris Doctor at the Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, while also working full-time.
Prior to his admission to the bar as an attorney Luke served as a United States Peace Corps volunteer in Guatemala, where he learned to speak Spanish fluently. He also gained experience working with individuals, non-profits and small businesses as part of a public-private community partnership established by Rutgers University within the City of Camden.
Additionally, Luke honed his skill set while working for more than five years as a Supervisor with the Camden County Partnership for Children, where he advocated on behalf of the needs of children/families with emotional and behavioral challenges.
Before joining Weinberg, Kaplan & Smith, P.A. Luke worked for three years as a family law associate with the law firm of Davis & Mendelson, LLC in Voorhees, and prior to that position he had gained experience representing corporate interests in Federal Bankruptcy Court as an associate with the law firm of Morton & Craig, LLC in Moorestown, New Jersey. As a former collegiate and semi-professional soccer player, Luke is a soccer enthusiast, who continues to play soccer each week as a proud member of the Gibbsboro Greys Soccer Club, while also enjoying his free time by coaching the teams of his two minor children, Samuel and Anna. Luke, a South Jersey native and proud father, lives with his Wife, Michelle and two children in Haddon Heights.
Bar Admissions: New Jersey
U.S. Dist. Court District of New Jersey
Catawba College, B.A. double major in business admin. and political science, 1999 Rutgers University- Camden, Masters in Public Administration, 2002
Rutgers University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2008
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law/Matrimonial
- Real Estate
- Wills & Estate Planning
- Step-Parent Adoption
- New Jersey, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2009
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Pro Bono Award 2008 + AAML Scholarship 2008
- Catawba College, B.A.
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Double major in business administration and political science
- Rutgers University- Camden, Masters in Public Administration
- Felix James, Esq.
- John Morton, Esq.
- Howard S. Mendelson, Esq.
- Dr. Karen Durbin
- Political Science Prof., Burlington County College, 2014 to 2015
- U.S Peace Corps Trainer - Lead Instructor, U.S Peace Corps, 2002 to 2002
Honors and Awards
- American Academy of Matrimonial Law Attorneys - Annual Scholarship
- Stephen H. Wursler Award - Outstanding Leadership - Catawba college
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Forkin Family Inn of Court, Member, 2012 to Present
- Camden + Burlington County Bar Association, Member, 2009 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Morton+Craig, LLC, Associate , 2009 to 2012
- Davis + Mendelson, LLC, Associate , 2012 to 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- U.S Peace Corps Volunteer Service - Guatemala, 2000 to 2002
- Camden Center for Law and Social Justice Catholic Charities, 2007 to 2008
- LSNJ - Private Attorney Involvement Program, 2009 to Present