Luke D. Griffith
August 21, 1976 – September 16, 2022
- Family Law Litigation
- Mediation - Family Law
- Estate, Contract and Small Business matters
August 21, 1976 - September 16, 2022
Luke D. Griffith both litigated and mediated family law matters. Luke focused his litigation and mediation practice largely on the areas of family law, estate drafting and means of alternative dispute resolution of contentious matters. He acquired extensive experience handling matters that pertained to equitable distribution, business related divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, step-parent adoptions, removal actions, and many other family related issues.
Luke was a Court approved mediator, and also sat as a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist in Camden, Gloucester and Burlington Counties. Luke was selected as a Co-Chair of the Burlington County Superior Court Family Law Bench Bar Committee, while he also served as a Co-Chair of the Thomas S. Forkin Inns of Court Programming Committee.
Luke obtained his bachelor's degree in political science from Catawba College, a master's degree in Public Administration from Rutgers University, and thereafter completed his Juris Doctor at the Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, while also working full-time. Prior to his admission to the bar, Luke worked in several supervisory roles assisting children and families. He also served as a United States Peace Corps volunteer in Guatemala, where he learned to speak Spanish fluently.
As a former collegiate and semi-professional soccer player, Luke was a soccer enthusiast. Additionally, Luke was an avid triathlete who competed in Ironman competitions. Luke was a South Jersey native and proud father, and leaves behind his wife, Michelle, and his two children.
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Pro Bono Award 2008 + AAML Scholarship 2008
- Catawba College, B.A.
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Double major in business administration and political science
- Rutgers University- Camden, Masters in Public Administration
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Annual Family Law Award Winner & Winner of Pro Bono Award
- New Jersey, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2009
Classes & Seminars
- Evidence in Family Law Matters, NJ State Bar - Family Law , 2021
- Evidence in Family Law Matters , Inns of Court , 2021
- Domestic Violence & Divorce, Inns of Court , 2019
- Ethics and Professionalism in Family Law, Inns of Court , 2018
- Life Insurance & Security in Family Law, Inns of Court , 2017
- Political Science Prof., Burlington County College, 2014 to 2015
- U.S Peace Corps Trainer - Lead Instructor, U.S Peace Corps, 2002 to 2002
- Camden Center for Law and Social Justice Catholic Charities, 2007 to 2008
- LSNJ - Private Attorney Involvement Program, 2009 to Present
- U.S Peace Corps Volunteer Service - Guatemala, 2000 to 2002
- Forkin Family Inn of Court, Program Committe, 2012 to Present
- South Jersey Peer Mediation Group, Committee Member, 2018 to Present
- Burlington County Bench Bar, Committee Co-Chair, 2021 to Present
- NJ Association of Professional Mediators, Member, 2018 to Present
- NJ, Camden, Gloucester & Burlington County Bar Association, Bar Association Member, 2009 to Present
- Felix James, Esq.
- John Morton, Esq.
- Howard S. Mendelson, Esq.
- Dr. Karen Durbin
- Morton+Craig, LLC, Associate , 2009 to 2012
- Davis + Mendelson, LLC, Associate , 2012 to 2015
- American Academy of Matrimonial Law Attorneys – Annual Scholarship
- Stephen H. Wursler Award – Outstanding Leadership – Catawba college
No aspect of the below advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.
- Selected to Rising Stars: 2018 – 2019