Luke D. Griffith has dedicated his unique career to advising, assisting and advocating on behalf of both individuals and institutions needing guidance. Luke has worked to assist families in South Jersey for twenty years and has been engaged in the practice of family law here in New Jersey for more than ten years. Luke has focused his practice largely on the areas of family law, estate planning documentation, real estate/contract work and mediation. He has gained valuable advocacy skills and experience handling many matters pertaining to child custody, child support, alimony, equitable distribution, step-parent adoption and many other family related matters.
Luke is an active member of the Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inn of Court, sits throughout South Jersey as a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist, is a member of the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators and after several years working and living abroad is fluent in Spanish. By way of background, Luke obtained his bachelor's degree in political science from Catawba College, obtained a master's degree in Public Administration from Rutgers University and thereafter completed his Juris Doctor at the Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, while also working full-time.
As a former collegiate and semi-professional soccer player, Luke is a soccer enthusiast, and has competed in Ironman triathlon competition. Luke, a South Jersey native and proud father, lives with his Wife, Michelle and their two children, Samuel and Anna in Haddon Heights.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law/Matrimonial
- Real Estate
- Wills & Estate Planning
- Step-Parent Adoption
- New Jersey, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2009
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Pro Bono Award 2008 + AAML Scholarship 2008
- Catawba College, B.A.
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Double major in business administration and political science
- Rutgers University- Camden, Masters in Public Administration
- Felix James, Esq.
- John Morton, Esq.
- Howard S. Mendelson, Esq.
- Dr. Karen Durbin
- Political Science Prof., Burlington County College, 2014 to 2015
- U.S Peace Corps Trainer - Lead Instructor, U.S Peace Corps, 2002 to 2002
Honors and Awards
- American Academy of Matrimonial Law Attorneys - Annual Scholarship
- Stephen H. Wursler Award - Outstanding Leadership - Catawba college
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Forkin Family Inn of Court, Member, 2012 to Present
- Camden + Burlington County Bar Association, Member, 2009 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Morton+Craig, LLC, Associate , 2009 to 2012
- Davis + Mendelson, LLC, Associate , 2012 to 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- U.S Peace Corps Volunteer Service - Guatemala, 2000 to 2002
- Camden Center for Law and Social Justice Catholic Charities, 2007 to 2008
- LSNJ - Private Attorney Involvement Program, 2009 to Present